Friday, December 7, 2007

Learning to Laugh

This week I was e-mailed some funny Christmas websites. This one in particular involved pasting a face, yours and/or your family members on the animated body of one of Santa's elves. The images then proceeded to dance to a Christmas tune. It was quite the thing to see.

So I gave it a try. I found pictures of all my family, pasted our faces on the elves and sent it on to family and friends. My kids and my wife thought it was hilarious. I can't keep from laughing each time I see it.

It's good to laugh--at ourselves, at life, at the humorous circumstances all around us. Too often as adults we become too serious to take the time to laugh. When my children were infants and we placed them in one of those wonderful bouncy seats, they would belly laugh as our cocker spaniel ran in front of them. I'll never forget those laughs and the joy that they brought to me.

In the same way, I realize that laughter really does make me feel better about life and about myself. So in the midst of what is for me a very busy season in the life of the church, I pledge to find the occassion and the opportunity to laugh and allow my life and myself to be enriched by it.

That's the corner reflection.
Tommy

No comments: